Three lessons I've learned on my way to twenty-two.

9:48 PM

This blog post isn't beauty related but just a good ole deep thinking blog post (whatever that means).

The closer I get to graduating college, which in itself is crazy to think about. Three years ago, I was this timid, shy girl who had awful social skills and an extremely low self-esteem. Now, I'm 21 going on 22 and almost content with who I am as a person, although it was a long time coming and a lot of rough detours along the way; I came out better and stronger as a person. I had a vision when I graduated high school and honestly I achieved most of it, just not the way I originally planned.  Life has moved so incredibly fast and I have felt so nostalgic as of late, of how simple life was when I graduated in 2012. I know that 3 almost 4 years doesn't seem long but for me, it feels like an eternity ago. There are certain lessons I've learned on my way to 22 that have helped mold me into the person I am today.

Click to continue reading! xoxo



1. I learned that it is okay to do your own thing, never apologize or feel like you need to explain why you haven't been around to your friends. In true friendships, you don't need to talk every day because if they are amazing they'll be doing their own thing too, and will completely understand; making get togethers even more memorable and so much more fun. People who appreciate your grind are the people you wanna have around and make life that much easier since you don't have to be in each other's face. Honestly, thank you to the girls who completely understand when I go missing for weeks ( especially when it comes to texting) and still support me and love me all the same.

2. Love yourself before getting involved in love. 
Oh boy, this topic. If you know me personally you possibly know all about this topic when it comes to me. Growing up, I never had a relationship or anything with actual meaning, and if you have.  My first love was so one-sided and emotionally damaging. That's all I'll say about the subject. Learning to love myself was so easy, after my first relationship because I was finally free. I began to enjoy and do things that made me happy, Raving, dancing and yoga at the time literally got me through anything. One good thing that came from that relationship was my increased love for techno music and the rave scene. The rave scene is so amazing and accepting that led me to many friends that I love. Once, I became more independent and comfortable in my own skin, I stumbled upon a relationship that is absolutely incredible and supportive.

3. Your parents are almost always right, so accept their help and advice. 
As hard as it is to say lol, my parents are always right. about everything. I know that
not everyone has a great relationship with their parents like I do, my parents are my rock and have helped me through thick and thin, but they also let me make my own mistakes and were always there to pick me up when I fall. I am very grateful. If you don't have parents who are forgiving, honestly this piece of advice can come from anybody you look up to and lean on.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe