BIRCHBOX December 2015 unboxing

10:14 PM

I'm super excited to be sharing my very first Birchbox!, I've been watching Youtube for years and unboxing videos are my favorite. My favorite is KathleenLights, and while she does not do Birchbox Un-boxing's she has Boxycharm which is another subscription that I want to try. Unfortunately the way my bank account is set up, getting another subscription box is out of the question hehe. I was absolutely giddy when this came in the mail and was so excited to see what goodies were inside.

For those who don't know what Birchbox is, it is a subscription box that includes five beauty samples that are completely random and based on your customized preferences. It is an awesome way of trying new and sometimes expensive products for only 10$ a month. I was not sure what to expect but I am so glad I subscribed to Birchbox!

The shipping for the box came within the time frame I was given, and was super convenient that I could check the tracking through the Birchbox app. You can also see what is inside the box, which I didn't do because I wanted it to be a surprise. As a subscriber you can change the preferences of your profile until they send you the tracking number for your box, which is nice because that gives the subscriber the option to always receive a different selection. So shipping and tracking was easy and the box did not take an eternity, thank god. Although it did go from Tennessee ---> Atlanta -----> Indiana; Which is very weird since I live about an hour away from where the box originated from. Oh USPS.
I loved the packaging of the box and the lid reminded me of snow! such a pretty box, and I hope I can find some use for it in my apartment. Inside, the box contained the list of products and their respective prices of full size products along with a 10$ off a 35$+ purchase in the Birchbox shop which is nice.

Here's the box with my goodies inside! I'm glad I received such a mix of products and I'm most excited about the Vasanti skin care product and the Amika dry shampoo. Below, I'll be giving the description and prices of all the products I received in my Birchbox:


Parlor by Jeff Chastain: Touchable Curl Cream

Full Size Price: 24$
The description on the card states that this product is: 
" An Innovative formula combines the silky texture of a serum with the light hold of a cream that won't weigh hair down"
I have naturally long wavy hair, so I am excited that Birchbox picked this out for me and I'm wondering how it will work with my hair since while, my hair is wavy it gets oily just as my skin does. The sample that was included was not a deluxe sample, but a regular sized sample. Thankfully it only says to use a nickel-to quarter sized amount and smells absolutely amazing so thankfully I can get a few uses out of it to see if I like it enough to purchase the full size! It is a sulfate, cruelty, paraben and gluten free product as well which is awesome. 
This product is a Birchbox exclusive also, meaning you can only buy it in the shop on Birchbox.com

Eyeko London: FAT Liquid Eyeliner in Black

Full Size price: 16$

I am really glad I received a new liquid liner, because I have finally learned to do wing liner and need more options for liquid liner. Even though I love that it is a liquid liner, I don't know if I will like how thick the felt tip applicator is, while I didn't take a photo of the applicator part, it literally looks like a sharpie marker, which kind of terrifies me cause it is a true black liner.



Amika: Perk up dry shampoo

Full Size Price: 22$

I am so happy I got this! I currently have a mini Drybar dry shampoo and It's almost gone and by far it is my favorite, it leaves no residue and doesn't make my hair overly oily. So I'm hoping that this Amika one will do the same since it smells amazing. It is their Sea Buckthorn Berry and smells as if you just left a salon. Being that its for all hair types, I'm really hoping that it does just that and genuinely works on all hair types since my hair is pretty difficult.

Vasanti: BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

Full Size Price: 34$
I am extremely excited to use this product, one because the price of the full price product. Typically when a skin care product is more on the expensive side, the better they work. not all the time. I have oily skin, but my skin lately above my cheekbones has become dry so I am excited  to try this exfoliating cleanser. 
 

Coastal Scents: Style eyes

Full Size Price: 12$
I got two sample sizes from the Coastal Scents : style eyes palette and I must say these are so creamy and pigmented! And since the full size product is only 12$ I honestly might buy the entire palette on the Birchbox shop. 

The fact that the products I have received are worth more than my box itself, makes me so happy. It was the main reason why I did not join Ipsy because I have seen so many people dissapointed and it is the same price as Birchbox. For this being my first box, I am extremely happy. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe